- Mostra collettiva, murales in Galleria, Circoloquadro, Milano, 2020
- Disordinatamondo, animazione mito nella natura, con E. Mason Agliate MB,
- Space basket, design per “AwardFurniture”, Villa del Grumello, Cernobbio
- Niriccio, Land Art con Liberisogni, Università del Bosco, Lecco 2019
- Trait dʼUnion, Biennale New York
- Country Art, progetto laboratorio costruzioni con bastoni, Limbiate MB
- On the Road, laboratorio di pittura in via Roma, Udine.
- Art Is Now, mostra personale al Sole 24 Ore Milano
- ComOn, Art Project, Villa del Grumello, Como.
- Artisti per la Palestina, Sala del Plenipotenziario, Palazzo Ducale Mantova
- Your Right, Teatro Valle, Roma.
- Il senso del male, Galleria San Fedele, Milano, catalogo.
- Segmentazione Razionaliste, mostra a cura di Elisabetta Longari, San Pietro in
- Mostra Personale, Villa Giulia, Pallanzo, Verbania.
- Tracce di un Seminario, Assab One, a cura di Roberto Pinto e Anna Daneri,
- Real Time, Act On, Studio Dieci Citygallery, Vercelli.
- Estetica della Resistenza, con Studio Trickster, Alfredo Jaar e Fondazione
Antonio Ratti, Como.
- Cadeau, La Fenice Gallery, Venezia.
- Masai Art Factory, Assab One, a cura di R. Pinto, G. Scardi, G. Marconi, L.
- Seek Refuge, Biennale di Architettura,/Accademia di Belle Arti, Venezia.
- Concetto Chiuso mostra personale, Teatro San Carlo, Milano.
- Fili Spezzati, Miniartextil, Spazio ex Ticosa, a cura di Luciano Caramel, Como.
- Opinioni di un Clown, Ass. Sacchi Onlus, testi di L.Caramel, M.Casati, Milano
- Talk to the City, Fabbrica del Vapore/Careof, Milano.2009
- Floating House, Molo di S. Agostino, con Fondazione Antonio Ratti, Como.
- Trait dʼUnion, Tufano Studioventicinque, a cura di Giovanni Bai, Milano.
- Roman Keller, Concept Closed, Heidelberg, Germany (mostre collettive).
PERFORMANCE DI TEATRO E DI STRADA
- Teatro dellʼOppresso con Vitaliano Caimi, Ass. Veronica Sacchi Milano
- Seminario di clowning con Dott. Patch Adams Vimercate MB
- Teatro col metodo di Paulo Freire a cura di Don Gino Picciu, Asti
- Spettacolo di Teatro di Figura, “Sipario dʼOrba” , Silvano d'Orba, Alessandria
- Teatro con The Living Theatre “Mysteries and Smaller Pieces” a cura di Judith Malina, Tarcento Udine
- Spettacolo di mimo a cura di Antonio Brugnaro, “Quelli di Grock”, Milano.
- Gag e magie con il clown Calimerò, Milano.
- Teatro di Figura “Circus of the Americas” a cura di Bread and Puppet, Teatro Crt, Milano
- Memoria assedio Sarajevo video della mostra dai documenti di Piero del Giudice
- Bombe intelligenti, video della performance Studio Trickster,you tube.
- Partenza-Arrivo, video performance in India, you tube.
- Venti anni di chiusure lampo, documento sullʼarte di Filippo Borella.
- Niriccio, Land Art Valgreghentino
- La forza della fragilità, video libri dʼartista Milano
- Corpi scomodi, arte occasionale festival performativo Cantù
- Art Is Now, video mostra Sole 24 Ore Milano
JOKE SERIOUSLY!By Luciano Caramel
Joke Seriously! This is the title of one of the performing art created by Filippo Borella during the year. But it could be the title of this art exhibition and this book-catalogue. Indeed, it could be his title of much of the work of the artist, as the masterpiece here represented, where Borella airs his own impressions, "Opinions of a Clown", as the sign-heading chosen for the show and the declarations of the book. Opinions these ideas are not expressed by using theories or words (as the funny and attractive work dated 2007 confirms, "Useless words": some letters made of coloured cardboard in a silver tray, reminds me the caustic poem called "Trash" by Palazzeschi futurist, made of letters and fragments of words, rest of ... the filling of its components). Indeed, these ideas are expressed through images proposing a succession of realizations from 2003 to this day. OJ a Clown this leads to the circus fool who makes people laugh because of his costume, mimicry, sounds, acrobatics but intimates also a relation with the public, infant or not, that exceeds the show itself, through, in the surrealistic, grotesque and fantastic minimisation, of the reality, of an alternative message of happiness and joy. "Step of an intimate circus", for Borella, as exactly the second half of he title focuses, pointing out the depth and the richness of its flippancy and simplicity filled of irony and full of contents. Often in a game gist. That, we know, it is not only an unconscious instinct, but is also linked with a community experience, particularly in childhood. In children, adults and in animals as well, with a unique complexity, consistency, and variety of contents and reasons. And also with many various aims, more or less hardly structured towards competition, with rules and risks. This context may lead to economic consequences, up to the commercial conditioning, connected exclusively or not to the show, where Borella is fully alien, indeed hostile, in carrying his works, here presented and many others, message,s opposite to the reduction of art just to profit, other than the cultural ratification.
Images, objects, art installations take life fonn are filled by Fil ippo inventiveness, fantasy, playful challenges, as well as out of the game intended as pure game or escapist pleasures, offering us a series of coloured fill ip, apparently peaceful, but at the same time questioning even if didactics presumption. We could think about great and incomparable Munari, remembered as a living and
"youngly" candied presence nowadays.
Filippo Borella uses many different kinds of artistic communicative effective media, with synergies and contrasts. Elements merged in the attention for the public art, for an urban art, not just architectural, but social, talking about the city life in its many components, deterioration, misery, unfairness and indifference (as in the recent project "Public bed"). Everything on an artistic level based on projecting, building, art works. Because art strengthens the result, not the public-social components itself. Where the relationship is towards the addressee without authoritative and bureaucratic mediation.
By Luciano Caramel