Donatella Simonetti was born in Urbino in July 1982. She completed her classical studies in Como and after the graduation she moved to Milan, where she studied photography at the IED – European Institute of Design.In these years she has enhanced her attitude towards architecture photography and urban scenarios. Milan is often a source of inspiration to capture corners of the city from different perspectives, mostly without human figures. After completing the studies, she continues her work in Milan, Switzerland and Como, where she currently lives. Her current research continues on the double track of contemporary architecture and more introspective themes like personal memory, relationship between reality and fiction, the journey. In the last years she has exhibited in Como, Milan and Berlin. She currently collaborates with several companies as industrial photographer and with architectural magazines. She has recently published a book of textile design, her great passion.
-‘Biennale di Venezia’, Arsenale, Padiglione Svizzero insieme a Filippo Simonetti – Progetto di Luigi Snozzi
- ‘Luce negli occhi’, Fondazione Mediaterraneo, Sestri Levante
- ‘Nuvole’, Como
- ‘Die Lucke’, Galleria Aus 18, Milano
–‘Blu sospesi’, Ex chiesa di San Pietro in Atrio, Como / Spazio Camagni, Cantù (Como)
- ‘Impressioni Spagnole’, Spazio Tasca, Milano.
- ‘Vasi comunicanti’ Triennale, Milano
- ‘Parallax Art Fair’ – Chelsea - London
- ‘La perseveranza’, chiesa di San Zenone, Brescia
- ‘Percezioni’, ex chiesa di San Pietro in Atrio, Como
- ‘Le stanze dell’arte’, Caserme di Como
- ‘Obiettivo città murata’, Spazio Natta, Como
- ‘La città in lettere’ – Spazio Officina, Chiasso
- ‘Das Weiche’ – Galerie Foto-Shop, Berlin
- ‘Nacht’- Galerie Foto-forum, Bolzano
- Com’On – Giovani artisti comaschi interpretano l’architettura - a cura di Roberto Borghi
- Lariofiere Erba (Como)
- ‘Universi paralleli’, Biblioteca Sormani, Milano / Spazio Comune, Bollate.
- ‘Oceano Mare’, Teatro Villoresi, Monza / Teatro Belli, Roma.
- '7 Colours'
- BRUNATE '50 cose da scoprire'
- ARZO 'Il risveglio delle cave'
Unter Den Linden - 100 pieces of sky in a metro
Created under a tube station in Berlin, born in darkness and matter, my pictures composition comes to life, dances and opens into thousands of colours, vein,nuances. Unter Den Linden was bornby chance, in a passage of minutes. The improvisatio of a moment, a hadful of time far from the huge spaces of a cold city. But from the claustrophobic underground reality the sky opens, from the metropolitan sound you can take comfort in the silence of infinite spaces. From the foggy city to the natural spaces, my metamorphosis makes you think about the contraddiction between a crisis reality, whitch is hard and suffocating, and a soft, airy, positive opening. The aesthetic qulity of the picture is blurred and articulat: rings, nuances and blows of light which recall wate, sky, icec, nature. The brainwave of a moment which became art, far from close categizations and open to a feeling of nature. The picture has been decomposed and composed again in thousandsof images cahotic but tidy, confused but with their own sense.
In my imagination the tableau represents an abstraction of the sky of Berlin. My idea is an infinite subject illustrated by 100 images. Every single picture is a special piece of sky, different for form and shades of color. I like the idea that every single piece of sky is inique and in a single run.